Script Issue

Script Issue

Hi,

Can any one help how to write a scrip for to upgrade application on laptop before that that needs to check whether:

1. In the laptop application has current version (1.7.0) then script will jump and upgrade to latest version .

2. In the laptop application has already in the latest version(1.7,1)  then script should exit.

Note: I have created the script for this but its is not working so can any one please help me how to get currently installed application version on the laptop and compare to latest version.(Current version is 1.7.0 and latest version is 1.7.1)
Thank,

Create a search and group that only includes computers that don't have version 1.7.0 installed.

Schedule the update script to run against computers in that group.

Posted (edited)

Okay i agreed, some of the agents are offline right at that time we will re-schedule the script again then it will reinstall the same version right. It is a waste of time.

Also always we cant go and create group right.

So please share the script how to get compare version and get it upgrade to latest version.

Thanks,

Edited by Script Issue

The way mike said to do it is the way to go. Running a monolithic script again and again on boxes which may or may not have the software already installed and which may or may not already be updated makes no sense.

Write one script which installs what you need and only run the script on machines which need it...