I have only been using Automate for 6-8 months now so i admit that I am still green.  I am starting to dive in to all the amazing things it can do.  In regards to the ltshare, is it possible to use it as a file repository to send several files to many workstations all at once?  I find the command-->file--> download from lt share to be super helpful but I want to be able to send several files possibly even a directory to all machines at a location at once.  Any help is appreciated. 

Can't download a bunch of files at once.  You'll need to add a line for each file to your script or zip 'em up, download the .zip, unzip.

Thanks, well that's what i figured however i was hoping that wasn't the answer.

BTW one of my coworkers found this morning that you can send a file to several computers at the same time.  in control center: Double click the location highlight all the computers under the computer tab.  Then right click go to agents--> commands --> File--> download a file from LTshare.   Just if anyone needs to know.

What did you do to access the LTShare?  I have reset the WebDav password, I can login to it via web browser and see all the files, but it fails to mount on my Windows and Mac computers.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, Spencer P said:

What did you do to access the LTShare?  I have reset the WebDav password, I can login to it via web browser and see all the files, but it fails to mount on my Windows and Mac computers.

Not sure if you fixed this already but we had the same thing. You have to send ConnectWise a ticket to authorize you on the server apparently. 

Sorry I missed the reply from Spencer.  I just saw this one this morning.  I'm on vacation this week but I can get you started and we can talk more next week.  I didn't access the ltshare from the website.  I made a subfolder of the transfer folder on the automate server itself.  Then I manually loaded the files I wanted to use. Then I created a script in automate control center to download and executive the files silently. As I said before I am still green with all this so I am not sure if that's the correct way to do it but it works. Respond to this Monday if you need more help. I can upload the script if needed so you have an example. 

On 5/14/2020 at 12:34 AM, Spencer P said:

you need to use  .\username as your username is one of the caveats i found

i accessed the share from the script.  i didnt use the web.  i just called on the script to call on the ltshare files/folder i can upload the script if you need it.

• Like 1

Besides zip/unzip, you could write a script to download all the files then run the script on all PCs.  I think 7za.exe gets put in L:\Transfer\Utilities\7 Zip by default, or at least did, and we've updated it over the years.

Also you may be interested in setting up the download cache at each client, saves bandwidth.  Although, we also set up a scheduled task to delete files older than "n" days so it doesn't fill forever.