Sign in to follow this  
mikey090tx

Failed to Create temporary file

Hello All-

We have identified a failed state for the Intel Meltdown & Wanna cry out of the box scripts on some of our devices.  The error points to a Failed to Create temporary file and it details "failed to create temporary file. Username: domain\username. Profile folder not found. Validate user has previously logged into the system.  

We generally do not log into the host machines with the admin account that we configured in CWA and thus there would be no profile.  Other scripts both cmd and Powershell that do no require a temporary file execute with no issues or errors.

Has anyone had this issue and what would be a quick way to resolve this?  We do not have a problem creating the profile if we had a way to automate this on all of the hosts to avoid having to manually log into the hosts.

** I have tried to execute notepad.exe via cmd or powershell as a script and ran as admin but this does not create the profile.** If i log in with my user account and select to run command as the admin account it will execute and create the profile.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply BlueToast.  Has anyone had any success with any workarounds to avoid having to manually log into every host?