FancyEstablishment6

Switching to Bitdefender Gravity Zone from Ncentral

Posted (edited)

Has anyone switched from Ncentral AV defender over to Bitdefender Gravity Zone? I am new to automate and we are trying to get off Ncentral (by the end of May 2020) and we have to uninstall AV from Ncentral and reinstall using automate and I am running into some serious snags. Bitdefender support has been there BUT they are not being tremendously responsive. Thanks so much for any help

Edited by FancyEstablishment6

Afraid I've not done that exact switch, but we did go from Vipre to Bitdefender GravityZone a few years ago. In our case we had the Vipre solution that included Vipre uninstall scripts, then I developed install scripts using this old post as a guide: 

That's not exactly an easy or quick setup though, and it really helps to have a handle on Automate scripting. At the time we weren't happy with the BD plugin for Automate, so this was best for us. 

You don't mention if you have the Bitdefender Solution for Automate installed, but if not, you might want to take a look at it. I know it's been updated since the days we decided against it, so it may be a lot better now. In theory, you could use your Ncentral console to issue uninstall commands (presuming that is an option), then use the BD plugin to do the install.

Here's the BD documentation on that Automate plugin: https://download.bitdefender.com/business/Labtech/Bitdefender_GravityZone_ConnectWiseAutomateIntegrationGuide_enUS.pdf

Thanks so much Toril for responding. I will definitely look into that other thread. I guess I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at different this is compared to Ncentral. Ncentral is literally turn on BitDefender. No building of scripts and using a plugin (that as far as I can tell is practically useless). Thanks again for responding.