Hi Everyone,

Here at Automation Theory we think access to the Automate database is very import for every Automate admin, along with some basic statistics for monitoring database load and what the app is doing with the DB (and that you shouldn't have to pay for it!). We're excited to announce the launch of a FREE plugin we call Database Commander. It shows important MySQL load/performance demographics and has a query editor, complete with  table name autocomplete and syntax highlighting.

Features:
  • Live MySQL load and performance data
  • Syntax highlighting query editor
  • Autocomplete for all default application tables
  • Text editor functions (find/replace, word wrap, zoom, etc.)
  • CSV export of query results
  • Double-safety filter to prevent accidental data changes
  • Auditing of plugin access and use

You can get the plugin here: https://automationtheory.org/database-commander  You'll get an email with links to the plugin download, the documents, and a blog series we created "MySQL for Automate 101".

information_screen.png

sql_execution_screen.png

I really like the time taken into the details of UI design (white space balance, formatting and coloring, SQL Statement and SQL Results boxes). Small details like this help give the impression of quality work, and from what I have seen your work has ground.

Thanks @BlueToast ! It was definitely an interesting balance keeping the UI clean -- and it resulted in a lot of keyboard shortcuts. The documentation page (linked in the download email) lists them all. We hope that this plugin gives a best-in-class user experience for MySQL access, especially for hosted Automate partners. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tried to download the plugin but all I was able to do was sign up for the email.  It doesn't say anywhere how to download the plugin.  Looking forward to trying it because I was Automate admin at a previous company that had it on prem so easy to access MySQL but this new company is hosted and no access at all which is not good.

Edited by jhand

@jhand Others have reported the email going to spam; seems to depend how aggressive the filter is. It should come from support@auto...theory.org and it normally sends immediately after you confirm. I can definitely resend it if it hasn't arrived.