Sign in to follow this  
TomKnee

Remove devices form a group after X amount of time has passed.

Hi Guys

I’m looking for a way to remove devices form a group after X amount of time has passed. I have a group called Approvals – Temporary Patch Deny . Some times we need to deny  a patch only for a particular client because it brakes something. usually this is solved in a week or a month by Microsoft . I would like that the EDF that places devises into this group be UN-ticked after 40 days  has passed . is there any way of knowing when a script was first called or better when an EDF was first ticked so I can run a script to check to see how long devices have been in a group?

Thanks

You could look at the h_users table in the database. It stores Audit information, including when EDF's were checked.

SELECT * FROM h_users WHERE AuditAction=138

The above SQL statement will select all EDF changes (checkbox not data). If you want data it is a different AuditAction ID.

What you would do is simply look for when a specific EDF changes and based on the historic date you can run a script against it to uncheck it, which would in-turn take it out of the group. I think it only keeps a history of a few months so if you wanted longer you would need to get more creative.