Sign in to follow this  
Chrisco915

Automate - Retrieve company Printer info(Local and Network) from Company computers

Posted (edited)

I need to get a report of local and network printers in our company infrastructure to our management team.  I am not certain how I will get printer info we need (computer/location of printer/Printer make and model/Network or local).

We have about 2700 computers on our network, I would say about 200 of them have local printers. Is there a script I can run in Automate to find this out and create a report?

I have seen scripts that can do it one computer at a time....that needs to be run on each computer.....but I do not really know scripting enough to create one that can get me the info for all systems in Automate we need.

I had previously posted a similar request and did get the Printer Status plugin as a response.  Does anyone have experience with that?

Edited by Chrisco915

Dataviews > Inventory > Printers

To know which are local, just filter on port. USB% should catch those but, who knows, you may have serial port or parallel port printers still out there.

Thank you imurphy.....that definitely helps.  I am trying different filters to just pull out the Locals based on port info now.