Braingears

Agent Deploy - Generate Installers with Tokens

Due to the latest vulnerability patches, we can no longer download any Automate Installer that is not downloaded with an Authenticated Automate User. With the help of Darren White creating the Token Generator, I've created Automate scripts to easily create the Automate Installers with Tokens and will currently create tokens from 1 month to years.

Will generate ticket with Windows MSI, Mac, and Linux installers with tokens.
• Enter # of months until the token expires. If left blank, the default is 12 (enter number only)
• Enter alternative LocationID. If left blank, it will default to the Location where the script was executed from. 
• Enter Email address if you want to receive an email with all of the links.
• Additional PowerShell and Mac Terminal Scripts will be included to make deployments easier. 

I have also updated the "Agent Deploy - Create GPO on DC" to create a "CW Automate Agent Deployment" GPO and automatically link it to the root of the domain (optional parameter). 

**Caution** This not a ConnectWise Automate blessed method of creating installer tokens, and the the developers could change the installer methods just like the did with the previous installers at any time. This is also true for the tokens themselves in the `installertokens` table. 

Agent Deploy - Generate Installers with Tokens.xml Agent Deploy - Remove GPO on DC.xml Agent Deploy - Create GPO on DC.xml

Edited by Braingears
  • Like 1

Nice, this is what I was envisioning to build for us internally, so I appreciate it. Question, is there any upper limit on the installer tokens that you have come across? For example, is 120 months a valid input? I assume no process from CWA rolls through and wipes these tokens out that we have found yet?

Although I did not limit the number of months that you could enter, it's my personal recommendation not to exceed 1-2 years. Fortunately every time you use the links provided it will download the most up-to-date agent installer to be used. On the other hand, I have no idea what CW Automate developers plan to do or change in the future. None of us expected the typical generic installers would be locked down, and they might also make changes to the Deployment.aspx or `installertokens` table in the future. The official web portal only creates these tokens for 24 hours and clears out expired tokens in a nightly routine. Time will tell...

Thanks Chuck, unfortunately, I'm meeting with an error that the Automate Server or token parameters was not entered or was inaccessible