mikey090tx

Store Apps Update and CWA

Hello All,

I was curious to know if any of you have configured your Windows Store for auto update or disabled updates with CWA?  I know that you can manage this with Group Policy, registry or allow the end users to handle them as well.  We allow the store to run as some of the useful features (Calculator /Photos /Video Player) are Apps from the store and would not run without it. I didn't see anything in our CWA instance that pointed to Store updates and wanted to know how others are handling this.

A recent vulnerability was discovered in a Store application (HVEC codec) which is an optional download but certainly posses a risk in any environment where it exists.  The vulnerability does not have a patch but requires a download from the Microsoft Store to remediate.  Since we don't currently manage Windows Store with CWA, I didnt know if it was worth the task to configure something via registry, that would rely on EDF /groups and scripts or to just go the Group Policy route.