TonyPags

Group Membership not Auto-Updating

Hi all, 

We have auto-join groups and I was making some config changes earlier this morning that affected the membership of these groups. Pretty standard EDF stuff. Later in the day, well after that 26min refresh that is supposed to happen automatically, I see these devices I made changes to in the group listed as "not in group" but "will join group". I forced it by clicking the auto-join now button. And that seems to work OK, as expected. 

How do I check to see if this automatic group thing is working as it should? 

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs\LTAGROUPBUILDing.txt

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs\LTAProccess.txt

are your 2 new friends. The first one should be showing blocks of stuff each 24mins (30mins is fine too). Anything longer is likely a problem.

the second log may show you if something got stuck/not progressing and/or it might be looping?

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs\LTASearches.txt <-- check this log and always ensure it shows (0) broken searches at the bottom.

Yeah thanks. I do see some 2-hour gaps in that first log. Nothing suspect in the other two. I'll open a ticket with them about this. You probably saved me a few days of back-and-forth with them, so thanks!