kora44

Setting Up Help Desk Emails with O365

Posted (edited)

GM- I am new here and this is my first post. 

I am internal IT setting up Automate in my environment. I would like Automate to create new tickets from emails going to helpdesk@contso.com, and we use Azure / O365. I went in and created an App Registration as per the directions: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/060/120/045
What happened was nothing - no tickets came in from the emails that I sent to helpdesk@contso.com. I then talked to Chat at Automate. They suggested switching the information on Inbox Folder to just say Inbox. This created tickets from my personal email. That was fun.
Questions:
Should I add helpdesk@contso.com to have Azure permissions to be able to create the App Registration in that user name?
Or
Could I just add helpdesk@contso.com to the Username field instead of my email address? The directions from CW state to use that the Username field needs to be the email address of the person that created the App Registration.
Screen shot of what I thought would work but failed:
Image may contain: phone

J_ust_cHnfi.pngLike
EdavDb2Kfh6.png

Comment

Edited by kora44

Hi Kora44,

the Inbox Folder Field is not your Mailaddress. It is the Folder where your mails are processed.

Standard is "Inbox". Please note that this may differ in other languages. 
The Username is your Mailbox. helpdesk@contoso.com this can also be a shared mailbox.

Client ID and Tenant ID you get from your App Registration.

To make the whole thing safe now, I would recommend you to secure the app registration as well. You can do this through the Azure portal.

Cheers,

Olli