Bud

Update windows 7 to 10

we are looking to make a simple script to install Windows 10 2004 to some older Windows 7 machines.  We have a client that is way behind and their onsite IT staff has just now decided to tackle this issue.  does anyone have anything simple that will do this.  Basically i would like to supply an iso and have it install without requiring user action at all.  

Posted (edited)

This one worked great for me for the most part. If you are a cloud user, you wont be able to put the iso file into the LTDrive as it is too big. I did a file copy line from our share server to client

Edited by Tevin

3 minutes ago, Tevin said:

This one worked great for me for the most part.

One of my coworkers tried that one.  He said he had issues with it not working however I didn't dive into it at all. I will take another look at it just curious if anyone else had one.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bud said:

One of my coworkers tried that one.  He said he had issues with it not working however I didn't dive into it at all. I will take another look at it just curious if anyone else had one.

You can look through my version of the script, may help a bit. I disabled some of the file delete lines for testing purposes. you can simply re-enable them

TNE - Windows 10 Build Upgrade.xml

Edited by Tevin