NeoIsTaken

Software not listed in Add/Remove

Is there a way to add custom software to the scanner?

We have several internal applications I would like to track versions.

Automate pulls the software list from Windows, which seems to use the Uninstall registry keys.  Does your software leave an uninstaller in Windows' list?

(note I'm pretty sure Store apps are excluded from the list that makes it way to Automate)

When CWA collects software inventory, there are multiple scopes involved. First, it generally runs under the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM security context. I have found that some applications by nature of how they operate and were designed (i.e. Facebook Workplace Chat Installer) will only show up in Programs & Features per user context rather than system-wide. When CWA collects software inventory, the outcome of it includes both system-wide and user-specific installs (at minimum, any applications that exist within the "user profile" of NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM). That's why when you login to a computer (to get to the desktop that has a wallpaper, start menu and taskbar, etc) as an account other than NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and look at the Programs & Features you may see a mismatch/missing applications when compared to CWA's software inventory.

Edited by BlueToast