Posted (edited)

Hi there,
I am looking for some information mostly, the web has not been kind with results.

We receive alerts that an AD Schema Report is available, for some of our clients:

Please see the attached report for information about your Active Directory environment at Client Name/SERVER1A
If the file is not attached to this ticket the upload process to the LT server failed and the file can be located in the LTSVC Directory as AD_Schema_Report.txt on the local machine.

I have retrieved said report and I see that it basically contains information about when changes were made, nothing recent either.

My questions are:
What is it for?
Why do we get for some clients and not others?
Can we ignore it or do we need to take action?
If it needs attention, what are my next steps?

Thanking you advance.

Jonathan

AD_Schema_Report.txt

Edited by JonathanAntisyn

I'm having the same issue. It just started a few weeks ago, only reporting for a few customers. The report does not appear to be critical just informational. I closed the ticket and it reopened.

We just ignore them.

Dont know if that is the right thing to do but the reports do not contain anything we need at this time.

This was the response when I opened a ticket on this.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Connectwise Support. I hope all is well and you're having a good day!

AD Schema Information is a script that reports on schema update and version history for Active Directory. It requires the ActiveDirectory module to run (Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 with RSAT) and it makes no changes to the environment. So, it may report for some clients and not others due to the Ad history, if the machine does not have the role to add it to the group the report will not run on it.

The Group is called Domain Controllers. Listed under Serviceplans.windowsservers.serverroles.windows servers core services. So, basically it is a script that runs against the machines in that group, you can open the script to get more details on AD Schema Information. It doesn't report any issues however, just gives information so it doesn't necessarily need attention. If your client would like to stop the tickets, they can do the following -

You would need to stop the script schedule on the group.
1. Service Pans > Windows Servers > Server Roles > Windows Servers Core Services > Domain Controllers
2. Select the Computer tab then the Scheduled Scripts tab
3. You can adjust the schedule for the AD Schema Information at the bottom Or right click to delete it. I would suggest to edit the schedule, to run once and have the date in the past.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions at all.

Warm Regards,
Shai-Ann Gayle
Partner Support Consultant

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Proservices said:

This was the response when I opened a ticket on this.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Connectwise Support. I hope all is well and you're having a good day!

AD Schema Information is a script that reports on schema update and version history for Active Directory. It requires the ActiveDirectory module to run (Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 with RSAT) and it makes no changes to the environment. So, it may report for some clients and not others due to the Ad history, if the machine does not have the role to add it to the group the report will not run on it.

The Group is called Domain Controllers. Listed under Serviceplans.windowsservers.serverroles.windows servers core services. So, basically it is a script that runs against the machines in that group, you can open the script to get more details on AD Schema Information. It doesn't report any issues however, just gives information so it doesn't necessarily need attention. If your client would like to stop the tickets, they can do the following -

You would need to stop the script schedule on the group.
1. Service Pans > Windows Servers > Server Roles > Windows Servers Core Services > Domain Controllers
2. Select the Computer tab then the Scheduled Scripts tab
3. You can adjust the schedule for the AD Schema Information at the bottom Or right click to delete it. I would suggest to edit the schedule, to run once and have the date in the past.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions at all.

Warm Regards,
Shai-Ann Gayle
Partner Support Consultant

Hi Shai-Ann,

Thank you for posting that reply, I was just about to do the same on my end.

The system reopens the ticket when next it generates the report so we have elected to set them to auto close.