Greg-ATG

Internal Monitor - Include SQL Values in Alert Message

Is there a way to include information from the evaluated object (e.g. eventlogs.TimeGen) in the Alert Message without passing them via the %RESULT% or %FIELDNAME% variables?  Using these variables breaks the monitor mode setting since values like TimeGen would typically be unique to each log (so Automate wouldn't see subsequent logs as duplicates).  Often, the variables provided (like %WHEN%) are poor substitutes or not what is needed.  It seems like it should be trivial for the Automate server to put additional information in the alert output, but I'm not seeing how to do this.

Posted (edited)

That's unfortunately the only way I've found.  And yes it does retrigger the alerts.  So for instance we added the virus def date [edit: and last contact time] to the identity field, so if a PC doesn't update in the first hour it will trigger a success (because the old time no longer applies) and failure (because the virus def is out of date and the [edit: last contact time] has changed).  We decided we could live with that one, it's actually more obvious it's not updating throughout the day.

Edited by SteveYates

Pretty much you just need to get whatever you want into the result, and keep the Fieldname value stable to prevent undesired retriggering. Result can change every time so you don't need to worry about including timestamps in there.

9 hours ago, DarrenWhite99 said:

Pretty much you just need to get whatever you want into the result, and keep the Fieldname value stable to prevent undesired retriggering. Result can change every time so you don't need to worry about including timestamps in there.

Just to confirm, you're saying that the "Result" field can change without retriggering the alert?  From memory, that's not my experience, but it's been awhile and my memory is not always reliable.