Mdarby

using SQL to return script name from the database

I am trying to do something similar to @LTRUNBYUSER@ except for getting the script name from the automate database. Currently I have to copy and paste the script name into a variable but I wanna get it from the database instead. If anyone has done this let me know. thanks 

This should work from a script (every script already has %scriptid% populated) - to extract the name you then just:

select scriptname from lt_scripts where scriptid='%scriptid%';

• Like 1

Partially unrelated notes:

If you are using the Script Run function within a script to run another script immediately within the same script, the value of variable %scriptid% will not change; it will always be the script ID of the parent script, unless you are using Script Run to schedule a script to run in the future (rather than now). Additionally, scripts that are run immediately (not scheduled) through Script Run will not return a Script State (i.e. Success/Failure).

On 9/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, WesleyNZ said:

This should work from a script (every script already has %scriptid% populated) - to extract the name you then just:

select scriptname from lt_scripts where scriptid='%scriptid%';

thank you