CVE-2020-16898 | Windows TCP/IP Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Wanted to get a topic started for this CVE. Looks like this one will only apply to Server 2019 and Windows 10. Patching the Windows 10 workstations is less of a priority, since the exploit appears to simply force a BSOD and doesn't greatly affect security. 

Anyone know of a way to check this patch by registry? I tested the workaround, and it sounds like it may be safe to run the workaround against all interfaces. If that's the case I can automate it without getting too fancy, I'll just run the command line by line for say int 1-50 or something, (see below). So I'm looking for a way to check the command through registry to setup a remote monitor.

netsh int ipv6 set int 1 rabaseddnsconfig=disable
netsh int ipv6 set int 2 rabaseddnsconfig=disable
netsh int ipv6 set int 3 rabaseddnsconfig=disable
netsh int ipv6 set int 4 rabaseddnsconfig=disable

Edited by DrYou

I was bored:

for /l %a in (1,1,50) do @(echo netsh int ipv6 set int %~a rabaseddnsconfig=disable)

And:

for /l %a in (1,1,50) do @(netsh int ipv6 show int %~a | findstr "6106 Interface")

Not the most elegant but a starter

13 minutes ago, BlueToast said:

I was bored:

for /l %a in (1,1,50) do @(echo netsh int ipv6 set int %~a rabaseddnsconfig=disable)

And:

for /l %a in (1,1,50) do @(netsh int ipv6 show int %~a | findstr "6106 Interface")

Not the most elegant but a starter

I tried the first line in PowerShell and it's returning an error, can you explain what the two commands do and how to use? Thanks

DrYou,

FOR /L %variable IN (start,step,end) DO command [command-parameters] The set is a sequence of numbers from start to end, by step amount. So (1,1,5) would generate the sequence 1 2 3 4 5 and (5,-1,1) would generate the sequence (5 4 3 2 1)

This also should be run at a command prompt, not powershell... And, for some reason, although the command works, it did not stick. I'm trying to figure out why it is not sticking.