Creating a Script in Automate to Install a KB via UNC Path

1. Is it even possible to run a script in Automate using a UNC path

2. Does the script below look correct? I simply want to push this update out to 240 servers and be done with it. I tested it from command line and it worked just fine so I am wondering if I missed something.

image.thumb.png.8bc82673dc38f48fe02a009a123c9e35.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by slipkid
Different screenshot

Localsystem (the default user  the agent runs as) normally doesn't have access to the network.  You will likely need to run as a user to get it access to the share.

Since we have download caching set up in most places, usually we just download the file from us and let the caching handle only downloading it once.

To pull from a share you'd need to use "shell as admin" or "shell as user" or similar to connect as a network user.

For the download cache, see https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/060/070 .  That talks about a drive letter but they stopped using a drive letter last year I think.  Basically the first agent downloads the file from you, and the rest at that location get it from the cache.

A few cache tips:

• it doesn't prune out old files so we have a task that deletes files older than "n" days.
  • If you use the domain admin password, remember to change the password in CWA otherwise the agents will trigger an account lockout.
4 minutes ago, SteveYates said:

To pull from a share you'd need to use "shell as admin" or "shell as user" or similar to connect as a network user.

For the download cache, see https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/060/070 .  That talks about a drive letter but they stopped using a drive letter last year I think.  Basically the first agent downloads the file from you, and the rest at that location get it from the cache.

A few cache tips:

• it doesn't prune out old files so we have a task that deletes files older than "n" days.
  • If you use the domain admin password, remember to change the password in CWA otherwise the agents will trigger an account lockout.

OK I will look into these two options. Thanks!!