Script to transfer local data when change computer

Looking to see if anyone have done a script to transfer all desktop and document files from one computer to a new one and are willing to share?

Out business case are that we have a custom onboarding script that will join customer domain, rename computername, install customer application etc. If this is a onboarding for a PC to a new employee we are done there. But if this is a new computer for an existing employee we want to add the ability to tell the script what the old PC name and username is and what the new PC name is and username is. If both computers are turned on and are located on the same LAN it will transfer Documents and Desktop files from the old PC to the new one.

Thanks!

Thanks BlueToast.

I have looked at Forensit but if we only want to transfer plain files and only desktop and documents I guess we could write this script on our own?

USMT is Microsoft's utility for profile migration (can be used in tandem with WDS for re-imaging, OS upgrades, etc); Windows Easy Transfer back in Windows 7 was basically a fancy GUI running USMT. It's part of the Windows 10 ADK (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install); there's command line syntax for the adksetup.exe to only install USMT.

CL docs here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/usmt/usmt-command-line-syntax

ScanState.exe to analyze and capture, LoadState.exe to restore. I scripted some basic validation to estimate the capture size and check free space on the target computer. You can include or exclude local user profiles, filter by last logon date to exclude stale profiles, encrypt the .mig file, etc.