Michael Priest

Ninite Solution - Seamlessly Integrating Ninite and LabTech

Ninite is a stand alone service that lets you update, install and audit popular third party applications. Ninite Solution has been built from the ground up with a single purpose. To integrate both Ninite and LabTech to provide a easy to use interface giving you complete control over Ninite.

Requirements

• LabTech 2013.1 or Greater (60.276 or Above)
  • Active Subscription with Ninite Pro. read more: https://ninite.com/pro

Features

• Schedule recurring application maintenance that performs Installation and Updates of commonly used applications.
  • On-Demand application maintenance to perform single application Installations, Updates and Repairs.
  • Full Diagnostics in Script History (Install, Update, Success, Failures)
  • Version Control for applications such as: Adobe Reader, Java, TeamViewer
  • Pop-Up Bubble Notification to keep your clients in the loop.
  • Supports LabTech Cache folders to reduce bandwidth usage
  • Ticketing: Ticket integration with your PSA to have an audit trail of what tasks were performed.
  • Ticketing: Record the time taken for this process to run with these time recording options:
    1. # Minutes per Update or Installation
    2. # Minutes per Script execution
    3. Actual Script Execution Time

Policy Control

This solution provides you the ability to control how Ninite Functions right down to the individual computer, there are three main policy tiers, including the ability to control separate approval lists for Servers and Workstations

1. Global Defaults - Default setting for application approvals, any equivalent setting configured at the Location or Computer level will override these values4
  2. Location Settings - control version definitions, update, install options specific to a location
  3. Computer Settings - control version definitions and exclusions

For additional information or a free 7 day trial, please visit http://www.ninitesolution.com or contact me directly michael@michaelpriest.com.au

Screenshots

Global Configuration Settings

YOkp4ek.png

Location Based Settings

NiniteSolution-LocationSettings.png

Computer Screen

NiniteSolution-ComputerScreen.png

NiniteSolution-ComputerScreen-Audit.png

NiniteSolution-ComputerScreen-History.png

Computer Effective Policy

NiniteSolution-ComputerEffectivePolicy.png

Updates:

- Requirement for Ignite has been Removed

- LabTech Cloud (HostedRMM) now supported

Edited by Guest

Sign me up! :)

This thing is going to save me and my team HOURS of mundane work that we all HAVE to do, but completely hate as it could be time better spent.

Thanks Michael! :)

Hi All,

Now providing a trial period of 7 days for those that are interested, please send me an email or private message with your details, and ill get back to you.

Regards,

Michael Priest

Just send me an email with your name and company and ill send you back the trial, i am trying to make this process a little more streamlined, also you can PM me on this forum with the details if you prefer.

PS. Have also updated the original post with a few more details / screenshots.

Cheers,

Michael

I have been using this for a few weeks now. I can confirm the awesomeness of this plugin. Michael is also awesome to work with. Well worth your money!!

Kevin / scubes13

Pretty cool! Works well.

Couple issues/Feature requests.

-Would love to see the audit text files combined at the end into one file, then maybe attached to the ticket...or just reside where it is

-Would like to maybe see an audit only script

-Is a ticket created every time the script is run, whether or not anything was updated? Would prefer if a ticket was created only if something needs to be updated/installed.

Overall, really awesome so far!

I am lost, but that is not hard while I try to learn LT. I already have Ninite Pro, but don't understand how to intergrate it in LT. Can some one point me in the right direction? Thanks

Hi All,

Just made available the latest update for the Ninite Solution, I've updated the screenshots and some of the post info, if you're interested in the release history / changes please review the updated documentation which is linked in the initial post.

Cheers,

MIchael

Thanks MPriest,

You have made a great plugin even better!

Knowing what changes will be made in advance and what has been updated, when is incredibly useful.

Kudos.

Rgds Ben

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Hi Bane,

we use the tool, it is awesome. Everthink works well and we already get some updates. For us is important that it is automatically open, edit and Close tickets, so we can Report to our Clients that we did work(by ticket Report). We did a test with 100 agents, pure satisfaction! Now we update the rest, step by step.

Greetings Oliver

I'll second what oheymanns said. We have been using the plugin for several months and love. Michael also takes time to constantly improve on the performance and options. It's a homerun. Highly recommend it.

-jeff