Michael Priest

Ninite Solution - Seamlessly Integrating Ninite and LabTech

Yup you need both, but I can't think of a situation where this solution doesn't pay for itself. It works extremely well and has a very low overhead.

We've been using this for a while and it's been a great asset for us and our clients. One concern we have is Java Updates are continually skipped - in use on Terminal servers (People working long hours/not logging off).

Is there a way to force restart Java or Prompt the user to close the application during maintenance?

We've been using this for a while and it's been a great asset for us and our clients. One concern we have is Java Updates are continually skipped - in use on Terminal servers (People working long hours/not logging off).

Is there a way to force restart Java or Prompt the user to close the application during maintenance?

There is not a way to force the closure for Java updates as that requires all browsers to be closed prior and there is a great risk of unsaved work being lost, the work around for this that has been working well for others is to schedule the device for a reboot just prior to the application maintenance script, this way everything is closed when the script runs. again doing this may result in work being lost for the end customer so please be careful.

We did the trial and just purchased the NiNite Pro subscription and NiNite Solution. Setup was super simple. Works like a champ. The biggest pita was getting LT support to get the LTShare opened up with DropBox. Michael Priest, who created NiNite Solution, was very accessible and helpful with the testing and setup. I HIGHLY recommend this. The first day we went live, we had 635 updates across our clients. It is definitely worth the cost to automate all this.

Hi guys,

Just solved an issue on my side, colleagues where complaining that some customers weren't getting updated by ninite... Just realised that since our initial setup some groups have been changed and PCs put in that group. Problem fixed :)

One thing I've never gotten around to is using the caching function. If I understand correctly a mapped network drive will need to be deployed to my clients or am I understanding this wrong ?

https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/LabTech10.5/Default.htm#Configuration/Caching/ConfiguringCaching.htm

Many thanks for your inputs :)

12.Enter ‘%drive%’ in the Cache Directory field. This will reference the network share defined for the location. The default drive letter is ‘X’ but you can alter the drive letter by inputting the cache directory field in this manner ‘%drive%|U:’ with ‘U’ being the custom drive letter of your choice.

Trying to update to the latest build and keep getting an error regarding "unable to validate entitlements". Any suggestions? I am a cloud partner

Ninite.PNG.da1dacb3275e0356572d65956e4c134a.PNG

please try again, i've updated your IP address validation so it should now be functional, if you're not sure what IP Address to enter please ping your labtech FQDN, otherwise please feel free to send me a PM / Email and i can elaborate more :)

I wanted to consider this plugin. It appears that Ninite has raised their prices by 500% or more and they do not respond to contact requests or their phone number they have listed on their site. I have also spoken with another MSP who said the same thing. He requested a quote for something like 12,000 agents and they did not respond. Is Ninite having trouble?

Ninite is growing. They recently beefed up support and are working on a number of projects (App Sheet being one of them).

contact@ninite.com has always been fast for me, support has been excellent.

Ninite moved to an msi file now. I have been using this solution for a while now, but I have never updated my file on my LTshare. Should I be updating this?

Ninite Pro Legacy (which is still being maintained) is what is leveraged by Ninite Solution so you'll still need to use this executable so should be no need to update anything.

Ninite Pro Legacy (which is still being maintained) is what is leveraged by Ninite Solution so you'll still need to use this executable so should be no need to update anything.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have never updated it since I first installed it 2 years ago. That same executable is good?

in theory it should auto update on the agent when it runs, however no harm in downloading the latest i believe there were some issues that could happen with SSL validation which required a re-download but it wasn't a wide-spread issue from my understanding.