Michael Priest

Ninite Solution - Seamlessly Integrating Ninite and LabTech

As Jeff mentioned, I have recently added ESR Support in a nightly (beta) build which is currently available for install but you will need to enable Nightly build installs, for instructions on how to do that as well a other minor changes please refer to the Nightly Build Release Notes.

I'm still a little undecided if this is how the ESR Support will stay or if i split it into two separate programs (Firefox and Firefox ESR) at this stage they are all linked because you are only able to have one or the other installed, there was a glitch with the Audit not showing ESR details at all but this was resolved the other day as well.

That's great to know.

In my opinion it would be better to have two seperate applications.

Thanks for your plugin, we are in the last stretch of testing labtech and will switch all our customers this summer :)

Hi Michael,

When I am trying to exclude a computer from Ninite Solution, I go into a computer and click on the Ninite Solution tab, go into Options and check the box for 'Exclude Computer' but it doesn't seem to save. I don't see a save button but when I close out of the window and go back into it, Ninite deployment is still enabled. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Erik,

The save button on the computer screen is in the top-right hand corner, i've been made aware of an issue 2-3 days ago that the save button is not visible if the Window is too small which i am looking into and hope to have resolved so it will always display in the next release but in the time being if you make the window a little larger the save button should become visible and you will be able to save the changes.

Thanks for the quick response! It looks to be a screen resolution issue after all. Very cool that you are already working on it ;). Good luck with that and thanks for the great product/support.

After finally getting approval from management, we just got setup with NS. As expected, it works great. We have successfully updated/installed over 3800 applications on day one. It has already proven a wise investment to everyone here. Great work.

Hey Michael,

Question, are you updating the plug-in at all with new features or additional apps?

Actually 2 questions... the other: For Acrobat Std/Pro - Which is it, and how does this app work? I've tried test installing it to a machine but it doesn't seem to like that. There are separate licenses for Standard and Pro so I was curious if this was meant more strictly to update Std/Pro rather than install it?

Thanks!

Hi Dapana,

Yes this plugin does receive regular updates based on feedback provided by users, you can see all the update notes on the documentation platform, you can see these notes at Here the current Nightly build has been in testing for a while now and I'm making some minor adjustments before making it available.

as for Acrobat Std/Pro that is the Acrobat Pro application (Licensed) and is only good for updates and will not install as per Ninite's website, I do need to make this more visible within the User interface and hide the Install option.

Michael,

Love the plugin, saving my team and I loads of time.

I would like to add the Audit Only to my Onboarding process. I am not seeing an easy way to do this without using the plugin interface. Am I missing something or can you make a suggestion as to how I might 'easily' accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Glad you are finding the solution helpful! as for running the audit as part of a onboarding process that is achievable without too much effort, you can find more detailed instructions on how to schedule a script to run in the Audit Only mode here.

You can run the Maintenance script in Audit Only mode from within a script as well, you just need to set a Variable of @auditOnly@ to 1 before the script run function and the delay must be 0.

Hope this helps!

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. I guess that it would help if I checked the source for the information I was looking for.

This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks again for the assist,

Mike

Hello Michael,

I've just realized that we are still under firefox ESR 31.8.0 even though the ESR branch 38 is selected in ninite.

Of course a critical flaw was discovered and patched only in ESR 38 so I need to get my clients updated quickly.

Our patching runs every day at noon and it the logs it doesn't look like firefox wanted to get updated by ninite.

Many thanks for your input,

Thomas

version_ninite.PNG.34479248271c5b7d6d7492abcd60ef7a.PNG

Hello Michael,

I've just realized that we are still under firefox ESR 31.8.0 even though the ESR branch 38 is selected in ninite.

Of course a critical flaw was discovered and patched only in ESR 38 so I need to get my clients updated quickly.

Our patching runs every day at noon and it the logs it doesn't look like firefox wanted to get updated by ninite.

Many thanks for your input,

Thomas

Hi There,

I'm not aware of any issues with Firefox ESR, please send me an email at support@michaelpriest.com.au and can look into it further.

I am not able to get the license installed correctly. It says it cant verify a valid maintenance agreement. I have downloaded the app from the page and rerun the script and I do have a subscription to ninite. Please help!

I am not able to get the license installed correctly. It says it cant verify a valid maintenance agreement. I have downloaded the app from the page and rerun the script and I do have a subscription to ninite. Please help!

All resolved.

Just started using the trial & your cache folder creation script, and everything is working perfectly. My accounting department is going to purchase this today.

MPriest, you are a godsend. This software is sick. Keep up the good work!

Finally got approval to buy the product and the product is great. I do have a question how do you handle machines that are offline when the script runs? It would be great to have something like the daytime patching for machines that have not run the script in x amount of time.

Finally got approval to buy the product and the product is great. I do have a question how do you handle machines that are offline when the script runs? It would be great to have something like the daytime patching for machines that have not run the script in x amount of time.

When a machine is offline the update process runs the next morning (if I saw correctly [not 100% sure])

Hello Everyone,

I am new. I had two questions.

1) does ninite upgrade previous installations of if it wasn't installed by ninite

2) the ninite solution doesn't include ninite agents, it is just the plugin (have to order the ninite agents separately)

1. Yes, it won't make any difference where it was installed from.

2. No agents are required. You'll want the plugin and also a ninite pro subscription from ninite directly.

Nope, there are no agents involved. The plugin just drops into your labtech environment and uses the labtech agents to manage the applications. You have to purchase the plugin from MP and then your ninite pro subscription.

Yep, you need both. Your cost will be dependent on your agent counts of course. My costs are quite a bit higher than $300/mo :)