bkuzma

Rehoming Agents

This is a useful little script that I built to deal with the issue of computers that move off network from the location they are supposed to live at (laptops, for example). This can result in false negatives for site offline alerts, delayed Fastalk, etc.

So, basically, what the script does is see if the reported RouterAddress for the agent matches the majority of machines for that location, and if it doesn't, it will look for a Location with a better match.

If a better match doesn't exist, it creates one.

This script has had very limited testing. It may blow up your system. It may also cause stillbirth in nearby livestock. Who knows.

Enjoy!

Rehome Computer.zip

This script does not import for us, tried it several times. We are on 2012.1. Any ideas?

*edit* Labtech rep was also unable to import it

This is a useful little script that I built to deal with the issue of computers that move off network from the location they are supposed to live at (laptops, for example). This can result in false negatives for site offline alerts, delayed Fastalk, etc.

So, basically, what the script does is see if the reported RouterAddress for the agent matches the majority of machines for that location, and if it doesn't, it will look for a Location with a better match.

If a better match doesn't exist, it creates one.

This script has had very limited testing. It may blow up your system. It may also cause stillbirth in nearby livestock. Who knows.

Enjoy!

I will download and install this tomorrow. As testing progresses, I will provide some feedback on my results. Thanks for sharing. This is a great idea.

-jeff

I don't see this working. But I was expecting to cross reference all the locations in LT and move it as well. Don't look like it works.

First off.. Starbucks Gold....WTF man?? i cannot wait any longer for your feedback! The anticipation is literally killing me.... ;p

and Eric.. YSYF, my good friend! ;p

Personally... drag and drop the agents, for the win. I'd rather not script something like that as it could cause too much 'back of the house" confusion for the end of the month numbers, should the script not work or be relied on too heavily to "just work"!

I do, however, like the automated idea though!

First off.. Starbucks Gold....WTF man?? i cannot wait any longer for your feedback! The anticipation is literally killing me.... ;p

and Eric.. YSYF, my good friend! ;p

Personally... drag and drop the agents, for the win. I'd rather not script something like that as it could cause too much 'back of the house" confusion for the end of the month numbers, should the script not work or be relied on too heavily to "just work"!

I do, however, like the automated idea though!

LOL Martyn....Guess I missed this one. I have been using this for some time now and had no issues. I've setup to run against my LT Server nightly to ensure all agents are where they are supposed to be.

Sorry Martyn, better late than never.

-jeff