Greg.Buerk

LabTech URL Syntax

You may or may not know you can use a URL to open the control center. Right now open INTERNET EXPLORER and type labtech:open?Computerid=1 in the address bar and press enter. The control center will open or the one thats already open will pop up computer #1.

Labtech URL Syntax always starts with Labtech: then it contains a command and finally options.

labtech:[open|property|newcontact|createticket|reloadcache]?{Name=Value Pairs}

Open Commands Name Value Pairs

X is the ID of the item to open.

documentid=X - Opens a Document

ticketwizard=[PHONENUMBER] - Opens the Ticket Wizard preloaded with the contact\client that matches the phone number.

clientid=X - Opens the Client.

vnc=X - added 2013.1

computerid=X - Opens the Computer

locationid=X - Opens the Location

ticketid=X - Opens that ticket.

scriptid=X - Opens the Script for editing

contactid=X - Opens the Contact

groupid=X - Opens the Group

tickets=1 - Opens the Tickets screen.

search=1 Opens the Search Screen

dashboard=1 - Opens the dashboard

client=[search String] - Opens a Client that matches Company or Email of the search string.

contact=[search String] - Opens a contact that matches "Firsname Lastname" or Email

dataview=X - Open the Dataview

link= - added 2014

xml=[Filename|URL] - Imports the XML File into the system. If the file is a URL it is downloaded and then imported.

networkmap=1 - Opens the entire network map.

hud=X - Open the HUD

maximize=[MAIN|WindowName] - Maximize the window named. MAIN is the Full control center, get the window names from the URL Link builder.

minimize=[MAIN|WindowName] - Minimize the window named. MAIN is the Full control center, get the window names from the URL Link builder.

normalize=[MAIN|WindowName] - Normalize(make a window) the window named. MAIN is the Full control center, get the window names from the URL Link builder.

position=[WindowName],X,Y - Move the window to the X and Y cords, Get the Window name from URL Creator.

Example1: labtech:open?Computer=1

Example2 - Open Hud Noc, move it to 2nd screen and maximize it: Labtech:Open?HUD=99&position=HUD%5cNOC%2c912%2c328&maximize=HUD%5cNOC

Property Command Name value pairs.

This command lets you set properties from the command line. Do as many as you want.

[PropertyName]=[PropertyValue]

Example: Labtech:Property?Prop1=something&Prop2=Other&Prop3=LastValue

Createticket Command name value pairs

You must specify all of these in the URL

subject=[subject]

body=[body of the Ticket]

from=[FromAddress]

cc=[CCAddress]

Example: Labtech:CreateTicket?subject=my+subject&body=the+body&from=someone@usa.net&cc=me@usa.com

ReloadCache Command has no name value pairs just a ?=1 at the end.

Example: Labtech:ReloadCache?=1

Ok there is a URL Link Builder in Labtech, Its bugy and crap but it does list the windows and get the postions of them. To get this Link Builder you need to set the property LinkBuilder=True. Create it if it dont exist, restart CC, the menu will be in the Tools Menu.

The Minizime, max, normalize and position will list the open windows names as of the opening of the linkbuilder.

Sometimes the URL is not correct when making a long multiitem url, so watch it.

Some items might be available that open OLD screens, DO NOT USE THESE, like tech center and email config.

59ec942c4e974_6-26-201312-25-37PM.png.1f14d4fa803cf786b2c126f768c286ad.png

This is awesome, it's really opening up the possibilities for our internal systems. I don't suppose there's a hidden URI command to run a script against a computer/location/client?

NO, it would be cool huh. But that you can just insert a record to the database to do that, and that can be done with a cmd line app.

So, this could be used in the ConnectWise "Links" for a Company or Contact...? Ie, Open up the Company's info in LabTech from ConnectWise.... Interesting....

Yes, thats the Point. YOu can use these in your connectwise and autotask implementations to add linking back. You can also use this in dashboards, webpages and lots of other things. For example in the network map we plot the network in google earth and then make links back to labtech from there.

'Create shortcut' should start you off.

Be sure to start the 'location' with...

labtech:

So it knows to open the LabTech CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Reply.

I should have been more specific, Which file do I need to edit to set the property LinkBuilder=True / create if it doesn't exist in order to access the URL Link Builder in Labtech under the Tools Menu

This would be very handy to integrate into ScreenConnect... however SC doesnt know the LT ID for a computer. Is it possible to open a computer by computer name? Or will this need to be done on the SC server searching the LT database?

Im trying to 'add' this as a menu item for each computer. Right now we have it so you right click on a server -> commands - Logmein and that works by using the URL shortcut and the LMI-ID (thanks to this board!) , Im looking at the way to maybe add this, so if i know i need to just connect to a computer, instead of opening the client page, and then hitting the ScreenConnect it would be nice to just right click -> ScreenConnect to it ..

I looked at that, Im on LT10 and SC is already fully integrated. I saw both of those threads and looked like they are talking about matching an existing SC implementation into LT before the full integration. So all of the heavy lifting has already been done by LT , i have a screen connect 'button on the bottom next to LabVNC on every client. Only issue is that if I right click on the computer the context menu does not have a ScreenConnect option. It *does* have LabVNC option. I also currently have an LMI-Connect context menu (thanks to these boards!) that will pull the LMI-ID and pop a browser which runs LMI and is working well. Id like to move away from LMI as much as possible so replacing the LabVNC or LMI-Connect menu context with a ScreenConnect would be a big time saver!

Try out the thread i linked, it puts screenconnect in the right click context menu just like your LMI solution. It works outside of what the plugin is doing so it won't be affected by whether or not you have it, it just needs the edf with the sessionGUID.

Okay, thanks I will re-read it again, maybe I misunderstood what it was doing or trying to do. When I went through that message the first time I tried to take some of the info and do my own kind of setup but didn't get far maybe I was just tired :)

Is there any way to use the URL to create a new ticket and populate the client info?

For example:

Labtech:CreateTicket?subject=test&body=testbody&from=test@test.com&cc=&client=test

I've opened the URL Link builder and client doesn't appear to be a property option, but was wondering if that could be added to a future release.

we are trying to make an outlook plugin where we could use parts of the emails sent in by clients to create the URL for us that could turn the email into a ticket.

so for example, we have the email subject and body which we can use for the subject= and the body= and we have the from= from the requester's email address. We could extract the domain part of the from address to match to the client possibly?

Thanks for listening.

JMG

I was wondering how can I use labtech:open?Computerid=%ComputerID% in custom tab as "Command as menu" ? if it is possible

I've tried :

Run Executable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\LTClient.exe" labtech:open?Computerid=%computerID%

Run Executable: %windir%\system32\CMD.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\LTClient.exe" labtech:open?Computerid=%computerID%

Both are working when i run them on my computer not through Custom Tab. what am i doing wrong?

What do I need to choose and write in below field ?

Or is there a different way to open the agent by right click ?

Edit*: and when i try:

executable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\LTClient.exe"

Parameters: Labtech:Open?computerid=%ComputerID%

It runs the LTClient one more time, while it is already open. and if i login it opens the computerID!

Thank you

Untitled.png.6fb5d2db59e1ca5073b3159a046c8e55.png

In the latest version of CC the urlbuilder form hides some fields. The form isn't redimensionable so the fields are pretty much inaccessible

Ian

I was wondering how can I use labtech:open?Computerid=%ComputerID% in custom tab as "Command as menu" ? if it is possible

I've tried :

Run Executable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\LTClient.exe" labtech:open?Computerid=%computerID%

Run Executable: %windir%\system32\CMD.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\LTClient.exe" labtech:open?Computerid=%computerID%

Two ways. Option 2 is better, but Option 1 is more fun for other possibilities. :)

Option 1. Let Windows handle it. I tested this from command line and as a custom tabs action:

Type: Run Executable

Command: %windir%\system32\CMD.exe

Parameters: /c start Labtech:Open?computerid=%lid%

"start" is one of my favorite built in commands. It is an internal command, there is no "start.exe", so you have to run "cmd /c start "WHATEVER"". And "WHATEVER" can even be non-executable files, it will open them with whatever the default handler is. "Labtech:" is a URL format.

Open a text file: start filename.txt

Open an Excel file: start filename.xlsx

Launch a browser and start download of my favorite command line tool: start http://live.sysinternals.com/psexec.exe

Start a telnet session to a mail server: start telnet:mail.server.com:25

Start sending an email: start mailto:%UserEmail%

Open the control panel to see many registered protocols: control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageFileAssoc

(Yeah, the last one doesn't use "start"....)

OK.. Boring Option 2:

Type: Open URL

URL: Labtech:Open?computerid=%lid%

Check the box: Always use external browser

The Open URL method would work for anything that is a "protocol" like telnet:, ftp:, http:, Labtech:, etc. It is also better in this case because it doesn't cause a command window to open and close.

The Run Executable with "start" method works to open files by their default program without needing to know what it is, like opening a .txt, .doc, .wav, .xls, .htm, .pdf, .vsdx file, etc. And that is pretty fun. :)

LabtechURL-LaunchOptions.png.e010466cc7a25b78325f83b4c7ae3d8d.png

DarrenWhite99,

Both options work for me, I can't believe that I haven't tried them :). But they are working only in "Commands are Menus" and after adding "Computers.ComputerID" in my query (it shows new ID column as well) and changing %lid% into %computerID%

Thank you!