Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Backup & Replication for LabTech

Yes, latest backup patch is required to get the list of protected/unprotected VMs.

Any particular reason why your clients are still on 6.x? Just want to make sure we didn't miss any other possible Veeam backup deployment.

Peter, I was just told that you have an LTShare mapped to a non-default location. Can you please confirm that other predefined reports are working with this configuration?

Hi Vitaly, yes all other reports work fine. We have actually had some instability issues on our Lab Tech server since installing the Veeam plugin, it may be just co-incidence and we certainly have nothing concrete to go pointing the finger at anything in particular yet, but as a precaution I have removed the plug in for now. the issues occur at DataBase maintenance time ( around 3 - 3:30 am )

I have opened a ticket with Lab Tech about it and updated our Veeam case as well with further details. As further information comes to hand I will update the case.

Hi Vitaly, Lab Tech case # 4366444. The Lab Tech database backup hangs at just after 3:00 am. Not sure of a cause as yet, as Veeam plugin was the only change just prior to the instabilty it's a suspect.

Thanks, regards Peter.

The only thing that I can think of is collection scripts scheduling, they are triggered every 15 minutes. I will try to get more troubleshooting data from LT. Thanks!

Hi Vitaly, you will probably be "pleased" to hear we had the same issues early this morning without the veeam plug in installed.

When we had the Veeam plug in installed, I had changed the data collection script to run hourly. However, I wont be installing it again until we get this resolved.

So, ball very firmly back in LabTech's court now!

Thanks.

Hi Peter, I would be more "pleased" if this issue was caused by Veeam plugin, and not LabTech. I believe it is much easier for us to deliver a fix for that, so you could further evaluate the product. Anyway, thanks for the update.

I'm experiencing the same issues with the plugin, I must unload it now for stability. Looking forward to any updates from the beta.

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback and the heads up.

Veeam is aware and is investigating the problem. One of the possible reasons is a conflict with another plugin. I will provide you with more details soon, meanwhile I would appreciate if you guys could give us a bit more info about your infrastructure (should help us to detect the issue):

1. N. of backup servers

2. N. of agents

3. Plugins deployed in the LT server

Also if you have experienced this issue and are willing to assist Veeam R&D team with nailing down this problem, just let me know. We will provide you with a custom updated build of the plugin and verify the installation on a remote WebEx session.

P.S. Until this issue is resolved, we do not recommend installing the plugin in the production environment. I apologize for this inconvenience occurred.

Hi Vitaliy,

1. Approx. 40 backup servers

2. ~700 agents

3. 10 plugins currently deployed, nothing custom, all of them are direct from LT.

I'm willing to test out the plugin with a WebEx session. You can PM me and gather the info you need.

Thanks

Hi bretesq,

Perfect, thanks! I will be back from VMworld next week and will send you a PM on the further details of the WebEx.

Thanks again!

We may have been experiencing an issue as well. I unloaded the plugin.

1. I think it was only grabbing about 7 Veeam servers (the ones which had patch 4).

2. > 2000

3. AV management dash, Deployment Management dash, Ignite, LT License manager, Symantec Backup Exec, Teamviewer, Vipre Remote plugin, Virtualization Manager/Monitor, Web control center config

Yeah, Vitaliy, please let me know once we can get this session going, I'm very adamant about trying the latest beta. Thanks

@rmazenc, can you please describe a bit more on what issues do you experience? Do you have a Veeam backup server deployed on the LabTech server by any chance? Did you open a ticket, so that either ours or LT's could review the logs?

@bretesq, currently we are reviewing peterm's case, but there is not much information that could help, we need more data. Also we couldn't locate your case ID with LabTech team by searching your domain name. Did you open it from your forum account?

Hi I tried this tonight.

I have veeam 7 patch 4 but it is not detecting the server.

I removed the plugin as our monitoring was getting flooded with failed backups - does the plugin take into account the retry jobs as in not alert until the job actually fails rather than alerting on retries.

I have removed the plugin and the group is gone but all the monitors are still there so still creating tickets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Scratch that the monitors are now gone... so that panic is over but would appreciate to know about the rest...

does the plugin take into account the retry jobs as in not alert until the job actually fails rather than alerting on retries.

Yes, our plugin should not fire any alerts for failed job retries, but I will double-check with the QC team.

I have veeam 7 patch 4 but it is not detecting the server.

Do you have any backup servers present in the Veeam search group?

Hi

Yes had a ton of servers in the group (we have a lot of veeam servers)

The server I was looking at was definitely in the group.

I also tried to run the veeam script also just to see if something had not appeared on the other end.

Regarding the retries I am bit more confused now on this one.

When I deployed last night this is one of the alerts I got into our ticketing system.

Veeam Monitor: Backup job finished with error FAILED on Trilogy Technologies\TT-IMAGEBACKUP at Dublin Main Office for *-1-Veeam MP-191-* result 191: 03/09/2014 22:05:01  Veeam MP-                  1 The Backup Job 'P2 Server TT-KB-01' has finished with Failed state.

Yet when I check veeam itself this job was successful and successful the first time. It runs at 22:00pm.

So I wonder is the same true for the others I got.

VeeamPlugin01.jpg.d20a16948b646145078b29b6d98e785d.jpg

Got it! Our QC team is trying to reproduce this behavior and I will post back once I have more details. As to the server not being discovered, then can we take a look at this via a WebEx session? Be aware that we are working on an updated build for the LabTech plugin, so it would make sense to re-deploy that one.