Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Backup & Replication for LabTech

Hi Vitaliy,

Not sure if in this case it did.

Did you get any feedback on the retry alerting?

I got a flood of alerts after I activated the plugin so had to disable it again.

Also if I have a client and I don't want to get alerts from them how would I stop them with the plugin.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, we have reproduced this issue with false alerts on successful job runs, thanks for the heads up! If you have a client that you no longer want to receive alerts from, you can stop running our collection scripts and remove internal monitors for the client's backup server.

If you need an assistance with this just let me know, and our support team will do a remote session and fix it for you.

Thanks!

Guys, I have some good news for you - we have worked with LabTech team on the reported issues and are ready to launch Beta2 build of the plugin.

Bits

1. Go to http://www.veeam.com/get_beta_lbp.php

2. Logon to web-site with your Veeam credentials

3. Additional password is labtech_beta

4. Download Veeam.LBP.Plugin.1.0.0.86.zip

Deployment

1. Uninstall the previous version of the plugin using LabTech Control Center

2. Import updated version of the plugin

3. Schedule the data collection script "Veeam Scripts\Veeam: Collect Backup Server Data” via Groups Tab (Veeam Backup servers) in the LabTech server to run on hourly basis

4. Set an exclusion time for the LabTech server maintenance window. Recommended values for exclusion are 2 a.m. - 5 a.m.

Technical Support Procedure

For all technical issues, please open a support case via http://cp.veeam.com, select Veeam Backup & Replication as a product and put [LTbeta] tag in the subject. Once you do this, please update this topic with a case ID, so I could track it.

Please note that if you open a case with LabTech directly, our engineering team will also be involved in the troubleshooting.

Resolved Issues

LabTech server can become unresponsive due to heavy load of the database.

Looking forward to your feedback!

What version of Veeam B&R servers are you trying to discover? Please keep in mind that only Veeam B&R v7 patch 4 is supported with this plugin.

That's fine, but shouldn't there be a group created to run the Veeam LabTech script?

Yes, Veeam backup servers should be discovered and placed in the group (should be created automatically) in order to schedule a collection script. Do you have the plugin deployed without any errors? Can we schedule a quick WebEx session to take a look at your deployment?

Yes, Veeam backup servers should be discovered and placed in the group (should be created automatically) in order to schedule a collection script. Do you have the plugin deployed without any errors? Can we schedule a quick WebEx session to take a look at your deployment?

Nevermind, I see the group now. It's not nested under Backup Management. Disregard!

Vitaliy can we reach out to your normal support channel for issues with this plugin? I see my search is broken, no scripts or monitors are scheduled it is almost like nothing really got setup right. Reading the user guide it mentions running the scripts, is that for the first time or do we need to actually schedule these?

Disregard, I removed/re-added the plugin's and the searches started working. I now have the script scheduled and things seem to be working well now that my machines show up under the correct group.

Hi there! You can reach our technical team by opening a case via cp.veeam.com if you experience this issue once again. Let me know how the updated version of the plug-in works after the re-install. I would appreciate if you could give an update after a couple of days running.

I have a couple tickets that the Veeam plugin creates, but stays opens:

Veeam Monitor: Proxy server lost connection

Veeam Monitor: Backup job finished with error

I'm getting inconsistent results, because sometimes they will self-close.

My issue is the last line of the script that is used to collect the data, the script seems to just get stuck at this step and always stay running until I restart the LT database agent. The step is shown in my screenshot attached

2014-10-03_15-52-54.jpg.8598b2b924cd8f22a4089e19cde929db.jpg

Damadhatter, yes I have received this update from our support team. We have found the reason for that after reviewing the debug logs, the issue was with an "unzip" API call. We have updated our engine in order to avoid these situations in the RTM code. Thanks for opening the ticket!

I'm getting inconsistent results, because sometimes they will self-close

Any chance we could review the logs from the plug-in?

damadhatter, yes you're correct. This is a known issue in this beta, so every time DB agent is restared, you need to hit the refresh button on the backup servers and schedule the scripts again. This is going to be fixed in the RTM code.

I'm getting inconsistent results, because sometimes they will self-close

Any chance we could review the logs from the plug-in?

Sure, how can we do that?

You need to open a ticket with our technical team via cp.veeam.com and put [LTbeta] tag. Once you do this, please let me your case ID and will I ask our dev team to join the WebEx session.

Just checked with our QC team - the issue with auto-resolve for connection alarms is a know one, the fix is scheduled for the RTM code. As to the tickets raised by the backup job failure, then there is no auto-resolve action for them, since every failure should be investigated and should not be auto-closed by the next job run. Hope this makes sense.