Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Backup & Replication for LabTech

Sorry for the delayed response Vitality, got caught up with other projects.

Do we have to remove the beta version before installing the RTM?

Suggestion for the Dashboard License view:

Please add client name, and location, as columns. Unfortunately, several of our servers are named VEEAM.

Hi Vitaliy,

Is there anyway to track / alert on disabled jobs, we have a serious problem with either local IT or engineers disabling jobs for troubleshooting and then forgetting to reenable them.

Michael

Hi Michael,

There is no way to track it right now, but I can ask our dev team to trigger the event in the Windows Event log every time any VBR job is disabled. In this case you should be able to create an internal monitor for this event, and receive notifications every time someone disables the job.

Would that be helpful?

Thanks!

... when I told you that I will ask our devs to do that, I recalled that we have already discussed this question, and if you're on Veeam B&R v8, you can use backup event with this ID 23050 to track disabled jobs.

Every time backup job is modified, you will have this event and in the details of this event you will see what have changed. Job scheduling can be tracked using this event even now. Hope this helps!

How often should the plugin update?

For one agent, I have updated Veeam, sent Update Plugins/Update Configs commands, closed and re-opened LabTech Control Center, but still received a version error checking the status of a failed backup.

How often do you run our collection scripts? You can find them from the shortcut menu, select Scripts > Veeam Scripts > Veeam: Collect Backup Server Data.

Do you see this product expanding to using data from Veeam One?

We are a bit on the fence between using this plugin or just using Veeam One. We manage about 50 Veeam servers with over 2000 jobs spread on them.

Hi amw3000,

It depends on your current needs, but currently this plug-in serves as a simple and powerful monitoring/reporting tool for IT group that is managing and using LabTech on daily basis. Veeam ONE has a lot more capabilities in terms of monitoring and reporting for Veeam backup infrastructures (for example, in our latest release we are doing Veeam B&R infrastructure configuration analysis and give recommendations on best practice deployments). In addition to this, if you're service provider, then you might be interested in multi-tenant monitoring/reporting of virtual infrastructures. For further details you can read this blog post > http://www.veeam.com/blog/veeam-one-v8-more-than-just-monitoring-complete-visibility.html

If you have backup admins or admins responsible for virtual infrastructure, then let them use Veeam ONE, for all the rest you can use LabTech plug-in. As you can see there are scenarios when you can use both tools in the same environment at the same time.

Hope this helps!

As you know have released one month ago and now I'm gathering all feedback and feature requests to incorporate it to the next update that should happen next year (no ETA yet).

If you would like to see anything else (in addition to client names and locations), just let me know.

Basically, I would like to be able to click on a button from the LabTech Control Center (similar to other plugins), and have an overview of Veeam licenses (when they are valid, when they expire), Veeam support contracts (when they are valid, when they expire), backup jobs (success/warning/failed), replication jobs (success/warning/failed), and broken down by clients, and then locations.

This information is already in the existing plugin, but it is cumbersome to click through to get what you want for everyone.

Oh.. I see what you're referring to. Should it be a report (backup infrastructure including backup job overview)? Just trying to understand the best location for this overview.

Just a quick note for everyone - our current code is not compatible with LabTech v10, we are going to release update for the plug-in with full support of LabTech v10.