Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Backup & Replication for LabTech

So I tried to raise a question on the Veeam forums about this and they moved the question to the VCSP board, which I do not have access to. I sent a request for access to the forum but no one has approved my request, that was last week. We are still having problems with jobs not closing out once they are successful even though we have the notification set to only notify us after the last retry. Also the lost connection tickets do not auto close once the repository regains connection to the Veeam client. It is getting aggravating having to wade through tickets that are merely spam.

rwilson, what'a your account name (you can send it via PM), I will double check the status of the request.

As for the auto-closing events, then you're correct: currently jobs don't have a resolve event in the predefined monitor, however failed retries should not generate an alert. If this is not true for you, then I will ask our support team to contact you and review this issue live.

Vitaliy,

We've discovered what we believe is a bug in the latest release of the plugin that prevents the backup job failed monitor from detecting failed backup jobs. We've opened ticket 01989228 with your support team.

On our system the remote monitor for backup jobs ending in error is checking the Application Log for event ID 191 with source of Veeam LT and event type error. That is wrong, and the monitor doesn't fail when the job does.

The backup job failed monitor should be checking the Veeam Backup log (*) for event ID 190 with source of Veeam MP and event type error. Basically, it should be the same as the Backup Job Warned monitor with the exception of the event type.

It's possible that the bug is only on my system due to someone messing with the monitor, or a failed update process when we last updated the plugin last week. My apologies if this is so.

Can we get a global plugin so we can see all jobs running at multiple sites instead of having to go into the client at the locations level. It would be nice to be able to look at all my jobs at a glance.

I have been using the Veeam plugin for LabTech and haven't had any issues except i have one machine (Server 2012 R2 x64) that hangs on the "Finalizing" step. I have done the basic uninstall, reinstall, reset database from registry, update all .net patches, all windows patches etc. It looks like the backup file has already been created but if i force Veeam services to stop it gives an error message of unexpected stop and shows as a failure in LabTech collection scripts.

Has anyone else had any backup jobs get 'stuck' in the 'Finalizing' step? Its been running for over 48 hours now.[/i][/i]

Hi christya24,

Just discussed your issue with our QA team and they ask if it is possible to open a support case us to review the debug log files for this machine?

Thanks!

Making Veeam work with LTShare on a UNC path:

[*] Locate the Veeam Plugin Server Logs (C:\ProgramData\Veeam\LabtechBackupAddon\Logs\Server.log)

[*] Look for a System.IO.FileNotFoundException

upload.png

[*] Create all the directories in system32 up to LTshare ( but not including, that will be done with mklink )

[*] Use psexec -s cmd to get into the system shell

[*] cd to the new path and run mklink /D LTshare \\path\to\ltshare

Yes, we updated to Labtech 12 and the Veeam plugin is still working correctly.  Just don't forget to update your plugins after the Labtech 12 update.

Generally, Veeam B&R plug-in should be compatible, though some issues might be expected with license and jobs tabs (data might load slowly). We recommend to take a look at Veeam Availability Console that gives a bit more info about managed Veeam B&R servers. 

Vitaliy I am surprised at your response. Are you saying that Veeam is no longer going to support the Labtech Plugin? We use the data stored in the database via Brightgauge to display alerts on dashboards and provide integrated reports to our clients. 

I didn't say that, I've just given heads up to those who are upgrading to v12 (especially for the Veeam Endpoint Backup plug-in), that some issues might be expected. We are still trying to understand the scope and all circumstances when these issues occur. Free  Veeam Availability Console was suggested just a temp solution, cause we don't want to leave you without any solution for monitoring backup servers. Hope this clarifies my previous answer! 

Is there a trick to getting this plugin working in v12? I understand that some issues are expected, but since installing the plugin, we have never been able to get the license screen to load to actually apply our eval license. We've let it sit overnight previously and it'll just stick on "loading...".  Or is our only truly viable option VAC at this point?

I haven’t been able to get this to work since upgrading to 12. I keep forgetting to cancel the licenses I’m paying for monthly as well.

Yes, if you want to try our Veeam Agent for Windows and not Veeam Endpoint Backup (former name for the Agent), then VAC should be used here. One of the reasons, why our plugins are unsupported with v12 is for example, this screen loading issues. This was caused by the change in the way SDK/APIs work in v12, so previously released plugins are not working with it. 

Hi, I heard from a couple people at the VeeamON conference that a new version of the plug-in will hopefully be available soon that will fully support Veeam B&R 9.5 & Labtech 12.  Do we know when that's expected to come out?

Hello, 

Currently, we cannot share any ETA, but do have plans to release the plugin for Veeam Availability Console that will support Automate 12. 

Thank you!

Hey @MJoll!

There will be no update for the existing Veeam Backup & Replication plugin, however we are planning to release the integration module for Veeam Availability Console (VAC) and Automate. Today we have integration between VAC and ConnectWise Manage, which soon should be expanded to the Automate product.

Given that, I would recommend taking a look at VAC (free product that aggregates data across Veeam products) and if you need an integration with Automate, just pre-configure it and wait for the plugin that should be released in H1 2019.

Thanks,

Vitaliy