Greg.Buerk

Duo Security Plugin

We're having an issue with some users on Windows 7 where the authentication fail, even when providing the correct key. The same Labtech/Duo user is successful on other machines, and when testing in the Labtech Dashboard. Does anyone have an idea to resolve this? We've already tried reinstalling.

Just thought I'd share - was able to install on LT11. Installer crashed on Win 10 and had to run on an older system but otherwise so far so good...

I like DUO better as it supports a lot more services and even has Google Authenticator support. The cost is less expensive as it's per user and not per token like AuthAnvil. You also don't have to host your own authentication server.

There are two rather large advantages with AuthAnvil.

- You can specify an override password to login if the server is not available

- You can exclude certain users from requireing multi-factor authentcation

- You cannot create a grouped user and this is a biggy. You can't allow your techs to share a domain admin account for a client and still each use their own token.

That being said, I am still moving forward with DUO as we never rolled out AuthAnvil to our clients and we've had it for years.

--AJ

We are very interested in dumping AuthAnvil but still must have 2FA for LabTech and remote desktop servers. Due to LabTech this would seem to be our only other option (albeit officially unsupported). All of the points above would be big issues for us, especially the last one. Can anyone tell me if these can be handled with DUO and how?

I get this error while running the installer. A previous post said this might be supported with cloud hosting. I'm guessing it's not, right?

29x6gxj.jpg

this does work on cloud instances; i think when you install it , all it does a check on the adress you type in, if it's a hostedrmm.com domain it says it's not supported. if you use a CNAME and do something like rmm.domain.com and point it to your *.hostedrmm.com domain; use that address in the installer and it installs and works just fine.

Thanks Philip! After adding a CNAME pointing to our cloud FQDN, Duo is now installed.

EDIT: This is working 100% for soft token from the Duo Android app for me.

Just installed on LT10.5 - can confirm works flawlessly still. Looking forward to when CW gets off their hands but until then DUO will work with the google authentication thing for CW so we are switching over fully :)

A while back I found Duo security (official) and Google Authenticator on the LabTech roadmap. Yesterday I found Duo in the solution center and today I received an email that Google Auth is now available. Google is shown in the solution center update notes notes but not Duo and it's definitely updated, odd. https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/SolutionCenterUpdates/Default.htm

No push :( but at least the enter key now submits :)

Is it only released for 11? I'm on 10.5 still and I don't see it?

A while back I found Duo security (official) and Google Authenticator on the LabTech roadmap. Yesterday I found Duo in the solution center and today I received an email that Google Auth is now available. Google is shown in the solution center update notes notes but not Duo and it's definitely updated, odd. https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/SolutionCenterUpdates/Default.htm

Is it only released for 11? I'm on 10.5 still and I don't see it?

I think so. at least the version posted here will work though.

On LT11, patch 6, and I can see both the Google Auth and Duo plugins.

Installed the Google one and it is working great so far!

Anyone get DUO to authencaite when launching from a RDP session?

seems I cannot get it to work.

The Terminal Server has DUO on it as well as the Labtech Control Centre.

Workstations with Control Center can authenticate ok,

DUO says "Invalid credentials" when accessing through RDP

Update--

Problem was the machines time was 5 minutes off.

corrected time and it works.

Hi all, this plugin looks exactly what I am looking for so thought I'd test it out. I've went through the process of signing up for Duo account and installed the plugin to LabTech.

I obviously don't want to enable this for all users until I'm happy it's working, however when I use the Test Login button on the add-in to test it, it keeps failing the authentication - however I noticed that it's is prompting for "Token" username and pass-code rather than the mobile app pass-code. I'm obviously missing something here, can anybody help?

Hi all, this plugin looks exactly what I am looking for so thought I'd test it out. I've went through the process of signing up for Duo account and installed the plugin to LabTech.

I obviously don't want to enable this for all users until I'm happy it's working, however when I use the Test Login button on the add-in to test it, it keeps failing the authentication - however I noticed that it's is prompting for "Token" username and pass-code rather than the mobile app pass-code. I'm obviously missing something here, can anybody help?

I've managed to figure this out now, works a treat in the Control Centre! However I've enabled the Web Control Center but it's not quite working - the "Token" field now appears in the login form but I can leave it blank or just put a random number in there and it lets me log in - anybody got any suggestions on what I've missed there? Thanks!

Does anyone know the procedure for fully uninstalling the old 3rd party plugin so that I can install the new official plugin?  Every time I try to remove it and then install the new one, it retains all of the old settings and the tab even looks like the old one so I'm unable to use the new plugin.  I'm guessing there's some SQL table I need to edit...

I guess "new" is fairly subjective.  It's the official plugin that was released probably about a year ago.  To me it's new as I just updated to LT 11 so now can support it.  The issue is I had been using the 3rd party one from by Greg for years without issue and it's stuck in there somehow.  Appears there's not too much difference between the 2 plugins, the official LT one seems to have a little cleaner configuration tab plus I hear you can hit Enter after typing in your pin so that's a nice improvement.  I'll dig around in the SQL database to find where the plugins are and maybe just purge everything related to it and do a fresh install of the official LT plugin.

19 hours ago, rattrap17 said:

Does anyone know the procedure for fully uninstalling the old 3rd party plugin so that I can install the new official plugin?  Every time I try to remove it and then install the new one, it retains all of the old settings and the tab even looks like the old one so I'm unable to use the new plugin.  I'm guessing there's some SQL table I need to edit...

Have you tried Help> Plugin Manager> Highlight the plugin> Advanced> Manage Plugins> Remove Plugin?

1 hour ago, jhodge said:

Have you tried Help> Plugin Manager> Highlight the plugin> Advanced> Manage Plugins> Remove Plugin?

Yes I did.  It would appear that is just removing it from the plugin list, but leaving behind all sorts of SQL data.

In case anyone else runs into the same issue as me it turns out it was a local issue with the control center on my machine.  Had to delete local cache files:

c:\programdata\labtech client\cache

c:\programdata\labtech plugins

and then run control center as admin and now I see the new plugin.

Situation - trying to use Duo synced from Azure AD.  Our usernames are firstname.lastname, but Automate doesn't support periods in usernames.  Duo Azure AD sync does not support username aliases.  Has anyone found a solution to this?