Cubert

"Flu Shot" Antivirus & Malware plugin for LabTech

Interesting...

First I have changed a few things in the script so anyone having issues with the unzip and or files not showing up can now place a "a2cmd.exe" along with its supporting files in the C:\windows\ltsvc\Emsisoft directory and the script will see it and skip all the downloads and unzipping and go strait to updating defs and launching scans.

Next as for the Invalid Char in Base64 String, I am working on that, i have made a few changes that could cause that and have updated the DLL. I was not able to recreate here on my systems so I am not sure if this was the fix. Please give it a try and see if that corrects it or if you get the same thing again.

New zip uploaded with new script and dll files 501kb, dated 10-06-2014 3:12:58 PM

Had to edit text i typo'ed the directory the should hold the a2cmd.exe files. it is "Emsisoft"

I think I found my problem.

Line 8: If a2cmd.zip NOT EXIST Jump to line 11

LIne 9: Downloads a2cmd.zip

Line 10: If it didn't download, fail

Line 11: Download 7za.exe...

It actually skips the download.

I think I found my problem.

Line 8: If a2cmd.zip NOT EXIST Jump to line 11

LIne 9: Downloads a2cmd.zip

Line 10: If it didn't download, fail

Line 11: Download 7za.exe...

It actually skips the download.

I saw that and made a few changes to the script that voids that entire line. I would suggest upgrading the DLL and Script files with current.

It now saves you re-downloading things you have and fixes several issues where mass deployments cause repeated downloads . Saves 160MB a scan..

Yeah, working now... except the same invalid base char error as everyone else... so... down to one issue!

I take that back. Somehow, I got home, and now it just all works! I'm digging it!

Hi Cubert,

It's a super nicep lugin ,but I got all rows in my database but still get the erro when I want to do a scan : Error > there is no row a position 0.

I can save the config , but can't run a scan.

Can you help me out ?

I already deleted all tables and instelled the plugin again , but still the same problem.

Hi Cubert,

It's a super nicep lugin ,but I got all rows in my database but still get the erro when I want to do a scan : Error > there is no row a position 0.

Can you help me out ?

I already deleted all tables and installed the plugin again , but still the same problem.

If you go to a PC and save the config tab with data Smart / Quarantine, leave the main tab and come back doe the config data remain or does it clear out?

If you look at the config table in SQL doe sit show PC config data in table?

Yeah, working now... except the same invalid base char error as everyone else... so... down to one issue!

I take that back. Somehow, I got home, and now it just all works! I'm digging it!

Do me a favor and test at work and at home, It maybe a console issues on one PC that is causing the base64 issues. I need to track the cause of this error so I can resolve it, it will not cause a issues using app but may get annoying being prompted by message.

Next as for the Invalid Char in Base64 String, I am working on that, i have made a few changes that could cause that and have updated the DLL. I was not able to recreate here on my systems so I am not sure if this was the fix. Please give it a try and see if that corrects it or if you get the same thing again.

This fixed the Invalid Char error at my office.

This fixed the Invalid Char error at my office.

That is great!, love when things work as expected. Now if I could get my coffee cup to fill it's self...

Hi Cubert,

Can you help me out ?

I already deleted all tables and installed the plugin again , but still the same problem.

If you go to a PC and save the config tab with data Smart / Quarantine, leave the main tab and come back doe the config data remain or does it clear out?

If you look at the config table in SQL doe sit show PC config data in table?

Hi Cubert,

The config data stays saved so that's working fine.

This is how the config table is shown (see attachment).

59ec94352e2b5_Flushotconfigtable.png.92bae0c99a23ab1ee519a6e15ada11ba.png

Ok lets look at this query

SELECT ScriptId FROM lt_scripts WHERE ScriptName = 'Give PC A Flu Shot'

Does it return a scriptID? If not look at the name used here 'Give PC A Flue Shot' if script is not named this then when you click button it can not find the id to run and would produce this error.

Hi Cubert,

I runned the query and it doesn't show any result so I think that is the problem.

I also can't find the scripts in your zip file (download from squidworks) so I can install the script manually.

Hi Cubert,

I runned the query and it doesn't show any result so I think that is the problem.

I also can't find the scripts in your zip file (download from squidworks) so I can install the script manually.

In the zip file there was no FluShot-Scripts-v1.2.1.xml file?

This needs to be imported via the Tools -> Import -> LT XML Expansion

It should create a FluShot Folder with 4 scripts in it.

If not redownload the zip and re import XML. Then do a script search for 'Give PC A Flu Shot'

LT Import does not always place scripts in folders correctly so you may need to locate script via "Find Script" and move them to the Flu Shot Folder. This is only for easy of finding scripts. Being in the wrong folder will not prevent the script from running but script must exist in your scripts database.

Capture.JPG.86c0d82a8d833a7ae308053b76a79d5b.JPG

Hi Cubert,

This solved my issue.

Many thanks and just want to say it works awesome !!

Sweet..

Great plugin, thank you.

Quick question. If I schedule this nightly how do I specify the options for the type of scan and quarantine method?

If the PC does not have a set config the it will default to Smart and Quarantine with root kit, memory and PUP.

If you have a config set it will use that for that PC. I will be creating a Client level view that will provide better control over a client and the PC below it in future releases.

Cubert

Great plugin Cubert,

However yesterday I had an issue with a client where it was causing high disk usage and slowed them right down for a few hours.

Had disk queue lengths of 12 or so.

Any idea how to prevent this? or only run after hours?

Great plugin Cubert,

However yesterday I had an issue with a client where it was causing high disk usage and slowed them right down for a few hours.

I also had that issue and held off from using the plugin for now. Seems awesome though.

Great plugin Cubert,

I also had that issue and held off from using the plugin for now. Seems awesome though.

Originally the plugin was meant to be a "Scan Now" plugin in efforts to have a really quick response to a viral outbreak but has evolved in to a daily and or weekly scheduled scanner.

The command line scanner is not designed to be friendly to other processes allowing them the CPU time like alot of active protection scanners do. So you can expect that it will run as a normal thread and not share its time as nicely.

If you want to reduce the loads on your systems move scans to "Quick" mode, The scans will run for only 1 to 5 minutes and will scan all the primary stuff but leave low level file scans alone .

When using the FluShot tab and attempting to set the Scan Type to "deep", although I'm saving this setting, each time I leave and come back to this tab it resets itself to "smart" and all scans are done in smart mode rather than deep.

Any idea why I can't get this setting to save? I'm using v1.3.1.